Kyorugi and Poomsae athletes competing in WTF-promoted championships are required to register with the WTF as global athletes.
The cost per licence is $60 (NZ).
Once the application has been received, TNZ will invoice the athlete/official for the amount required. Once payment has been received, only then with an application be made to the WTF for a Global Athlete Licence.
An application must be made in the form of an email. Applications must be sent to the following email address:
The following items are required to be included in the application email (without all this information, a successfulapplication to WTF for a Global Athlete licence can not be made):
- Full Name (First name, last name, preferred first name)
- Physical or Postal Address
- Contact Phone number
- Email address
- A head and shoulders photograph of the athlete/official – this is uploaded to WTF
- A scanned copy of the details page of the athlete/official’s passport (if not a New Zealand citizen – a drivers licence or further proof of residence such as a letter or certified copy showing “Resident Visa” status within New Zealand) – this is uploaded to WTF
- A scanned copy of the athlete/official’s Kukkiwon Dan/Poom certificate – this is uploaded to WTF
- Completed WTF 5-year waiver (http://www.taekwondonz.org.nz/mydocuments/WTFwaiver.pdf)
- Coaches must provide evidence of holding a current OTU coaches qualification.
WTF require the above information and may, in turn, request additional information.